Please scroll down for answers to the most frequently asked questions. For all other inquiries, please don’t hesitate to call our office at 617-232-2663 in Brookline or at 781-326-1561 in Dedham.
No, Meeks and Zilberfarb Orthopedics does not charge an extra facility fee. When you visit health care providers at some area hospitals, you will receive two bills, one for the physician’s services and a second one, a facility fee, from the hospital which employs the doctor. Meeks and Zilberfarb Orthopedics and Sports Medicine is a private orthopedic practice and you will never be charged an additional facility fee for office visits.
Please bring any recent X-ray or MRI films that have been taken of the involved area. Your Primary Care Physician’s office may offer to send the images to us upon your request. Additionally, have with you
- Any other tests or records pertaining to the problem area
- Any necessary forms.
- Complete insurance information
- Any completed paperwork we may have mailed you (patient forms)
- If you are under 18 years of age, a parent/guardian will need to accompany you unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Must bring insurance card so that we can have the number on the front as well as the contact information on the back.
- All WC information and MVA information including claim #s. We also need the claim representative’s name, address and phone number. for workman’s comp visits, we also need a contact name of the HR representative at your company.
Our Brookline and Dedham offices are open from 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday through Friday. Our patient care representatives are ready to take your call 8 AM until 5 PM from Monday through Friday. For Brookline, please call 617-232-2663, and for the Dedham office, please call 781-326-1561.
I’ve been receiving treatment/surgery from another clinic. Can I transfer my care to Meeks Zilberfarb Orthopedics?
In many cases, the answer is “yes.” Please call us to let us know you are interested in transferring your care. Request that all medical records pertaining to your surgery/treatment be sent to us. Our physicians will review your records. If transferring your care is a viable option, we will schedule an appointment for you.
In most cases, we can see you the SAME DAY. Call our office to make an appointment and let us know if you need immediate assistance. You will be evaluated in a shorter time than going to the emergency room! If you require surgery, we can usually schedule the procedure within a week or two.