The need for a referral varies by insurance policy:
- If your insurance card says PPO on the front, you do not require a referral.
- If your insurance cards says HMO on the front, you will need a referral from your PCP.
- Masshealth patients require a referral from the PCP.
- If you are a Medicare patient, they do not require a referral but you will need to have a Primary Care Physician (PCP).
- For best results, patients should contact their insurance company to find out whether or not they need a referral to see an orthopedic specialist before calling our office for an appointment. The insurance company phone number will be printed on your insurance card.
← Frequently Asked Questions